Mrs. Sullivan is currently on maternity leave from February 19th through the end of the school year.
Ms. Katie Drude is the Interim-School Counselor. She can be reached at email@example.com or at 908-638-4101 Ext.4111.
Mrs. Christine Sullivan
(908)638-4101 extension 4111
High Bridge Middle School provides free and confidential guidance services by an experienced professionally trained guidance counselor. Mrs. Sullivan works at both High Bridge Middle School and High Bridge Elementary School.
Schedule for 2012-2013 School Year
COUNSELORS WORK WITH STUDENTS, PARENTS, AND STAFF TO PROMOTE GROWTH IN…
* Understanding of self and confidence in daily interactions.
* Positive attitudes toward self, family, and community.
* Communication skills in relationships with peers, family, neighbors, and school staff.
* Motivation for success in school and community activities.
* Decision making skills involving exploration of alternatives and realization of consequences.
* Emotionally healthy school learning climate.
* Cooperation between home and school.
* Community resource programs for students, family and school personnel.
SCHOOL COUNSELORS HELP…
* Individually and in groups with their concerns, plans, goals, and achievements.
* Understand themselves and others to strengthen cooperation and interaction.
* Establish and maintain healthy relationships with others.
* Learn decision making and interpersonal skills.
* Gain optimum benefit from their school experience.
* Transition from Elementary to Middle School and to High School.
* With High School placement and with the preparation of their freshman High School schedules.
* Learn about their child's growth and development.
* Appreciate their child's abilities, limitations, and progress in school.
* Encourage a home atmosphere for emotional security and growth.
* Increase knowledge and skills by sharing information (Parent resources are available).
* Understand the students and their behavior.
* Create a positive learning climate and personalized educational approach.
* Provide classroom guidance activities for greater understanding of self and others.